Under close supervision, this entry-level position performs routine to moderately complex clerical duties in the areas of legal document processing, customer service, intake review, and clerical support work.
Perform related duties as required:
Provide procedural information, case status, and related assistance to the public; explain and accept fees and fines; assists individuals in locating material and information.
Receives and examines legal documents for correctness of information, conformity, jurisdiction, completeness, timeliness, and required supporting documentation before acceptance for action by the court.
Uses various computer programs to prepare document files, information and correspondence related to the explanation of court policies and procedures; follows procedures for updating and/or purging electronic files; scan documents.
Verify, enter, retrieve, copy, correct and update case information in files, computer records and automated record-keeping systems.
Computes, receives, receipts, and records payments of bail, fines and fees.
Prepares and responds to correspondence.
Provides clerical support; including, but not limited to, data entry, photocopying, filing, sorting and delivering mail and files.
Minimum Qualifications Education/Experience:
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must have two years of data entry, cashiering and general clerical experience.
- Must have knowledge of:
- General office practices and procedures, including filing systems.Basic public contact and customer service techniques.Standard English usage, grammar, punctuation, spelling, style, and format. Standard office equipment and automated systems as used for information storage and document preparation.Basic arithmetic.
- Must have the ability to:
- Type at a minimum speed of thirty-five (35) words per minute (wpm) for clerical support staff and fifty (50) wpm for staff keying citations.
- Learn and apply procedures and policies of court operations.
- Store and maintain records, and use information storage and retrieval systems.
- Provide effective customer service.
- Review and correct documents for accuracy, completeness, and conformity with applicable rules, statutes, policies and procedures.
- Exercise attention to detail.
- Understand and follow complex oral and written instructions.
- Diplomatically communicate with judicial officers and various levels of staff.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Communicate effectively in English, orally and in writing.
- Maintain confidentiality in the course of work.
Balance daily with no shortages/overages.
- Must have the physical ability to:
- Lift, carry, push and pull objects weighing up to 25 pounds.Able to read fine print and view a computer screen/or screens.Speak and hear well enough to understand, respond, and communicate clearly in person and on the telephone.Sit and stand for prolonged periods of time.Use hands, arms and shoulders to repetitively operate a keyboard and mouse, and perform repetitive manual tasks.
Application and Selection Procedure:
Applicants must complete and submit an application form and provide a typing certificate. A cover letter and resume may also be submitted. Incomplete applications will not be processed. Applications with statements such as “See/refer to resume” or “See attached” are not acceptable. All applications will be thoroughly reviewed and only the best qualified candidates will be scheduled for an interview.
How To Apply:
To request an employment application, please fill out the form below. If we do not respond in a timely manner, please check your spam folder prior to contacting us.